Sunday, February 9, 2014

Today is Feb. 9, 2014.  Seems like forever since I've written a post on here.  We've been busy with the kids, moving, and homeschooling.  We spent the Summer working on the new house, gas lines, water lines from our well, plumbing, and hauling gravel for the driveway.  Finally we were able to move into our new house week of August.  Thanks to family and friends who helped us get everything accomplished. We celebrated our youngest son's 3rd birthday the next weekend.  Talk about unpacking boxes quickly! 

We got a late start with our homeschooling year because of the move but we are on track now.  We are using an online curriculum that we love.  Our days are less stressful and happier.  I was told when we started this homeschooling journey that we would figure it out in our 3rd year.  They were right!  This is our 3rd year and I can finally say without a doubt that we've got this!  I see how our children are growing and it makes me so proud!  We've made such progress in the last few months.  I have been afraid all along that they would get behind their peers in public school.  I no longer worry about that.  They are right where they should be and ahead in some subjects.  Like I said I am very proud of them and their accomplishments. 

The weather we are having this Winter is crazy.  We've had more snow this year than several years combined.  It is different living out in the country vs. the city.  At our last house the roads would be treated several times and would be cleared in no time.  Out here the roads are never touched.  At least the ones off the main roads.  Our hill was so slippery 2 weeks ago.  It was a solid sheet of ice in a couple places.  One morning we had to go to the kids orthodontist appointments.  My van was parked down at Granny's house so we were all piled in the truck heading down the mountain.  Even though we were going slow and trying not to slide we ended up in the ditch.  The temps were -6 that morning and we had to walk off the mountain.  I'm sure the wind chill temps were a lot worse.  We were so cold.  I learned a very valuable lesson that day.  Actually several!  1. When it snows a lot: stay home! 2. When it's that cold and you must go out: wear more layers.  3. Have snow boots and bibs purchased and on kids when heading off the mountain.  4. Call the State Road and have them ditch the road better before the next big storm.  We survived but I don't see me going off this mountain again if the snow and ice is that bad again.  I like home so it won't bother me any to stay right here.

It is snowing again tonight so tomorrow morning will be tricky for my hubby to get out to work.  My parents will be traveling to town with my Aunt to get test results.  Praying she gets good news so she can be placed on the lung transplant list soon.  I'd better get to bed, 6am isn't that far away.

Good night and I'll try to post on here more often.  :)

Hug the ones you love!
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment